Friday, March 26, 2010

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. In fact, I could eat breakfast food for every meal and be perfectly happy. This weekend, I decided to whip up a large batch of pancakes and freeze them so that I had something quick and easy to make the kids for breakfast. They turned out wonderful, and my three year old cannot get enough. She ate three whole pancakes last night at dinner time and said to me "mommy, your pancakes are the most delicious pancakes I've ever ate". My little guy ate a whole big pancake all by himself and seemed quite satisfied as well.

We made ours plain, but this recipe would also be wonderful with blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, or even bananas as well!

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes (makes approximately 3 dozen pancakes) - Adapted from Glimpse of Sonshine

Ingredients:

3/4 cup egg beaters
3 ¾ cups fat free buttermilk
6 tbsp. canola oil
1 ¾ cups wheat flour
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. salt

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Drop by 1/4 cup servings onto pre-heated griddle. When the dough begins to bubble, flip pancakes and cook until lightly browned on both sides.

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

delicious! I love Sonshine's recipes -- her bread machine oat rolls are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails