Saturday, March 27, 2010

Homemade Chili Seasoning Packets

I've been trying to come up with my own special chili seasoning for a while so that I could stop buying the premade chili seasoning packets at the store. The packets in the store are obviously convenient, but they are LOADED with sodium and who knows what else!

After lots of experimenting, I finally came up with a mixture of seasonings that worked perfect for my chili recipe, and I'm sure that it will work well in any other dish that needs a little kick! I made a bunch of this ahead of time and packed it into ziploc bags so I don't have to worry about measuring and mixing every time I want to make chili. I think it will work out perfectly! Still convenient, but much more healthy!

Chili Seasoning Packets:

4 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp dried Onion Flakes (or onion powder)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails