Monday, March 22, 2010

Breakfast Biscuit Cups

I've been looking for a quick fix breakfast for a while now, and I think I found a winner! I modified this recipe from one I found at "Cooking During Stolen Moments". I made two dozen of these, and my husband (who despises breakfast food) kept stealing them while I had my back turned so I ended up with only 20 in the end. I froze them and now when we are ready to eat them I can either pop them in the microwave or oven to heat them through. They have been great for fast breakfast in the car on the way to work!

I made these again for brunch after my son's Baptism this weekend, I made a double batch (1/2 with bacon, 1/2 with sausage) for a total of 4 dozen and they were all gone before I even got the chance to steal one for myself!

Breakfast Biscuit Cups (makes 2 dozen) - Modified from Cooking During Stolen Moments


Dough:
  • 2 1/2 c. flour
  • 2 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 T. sugar
  • 1/2 c. butter, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten

Dough Directions:

In a large bowl, whisk or sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk and egg until dough comes together. Knead a few times by hand and set aside.

Filling:
  • 1 1/2 cups egg beaters
  • 3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
  • 1/2 c. 1% milk
  • 1 lb. turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled (I've also used turkey breakfast sausage)
  • 1 1/2 c. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

Filling Directions:
Whisk egg beaters in a large bowl. Stir in cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add other ingredients and stir to combine.

To Assemble:

Press biscuit dough into the bottom, and 3/4 of the way up the sides, of lightly greased muffin tins. Pre-bake at 400 degrees for 3 minutes.Fill each biscuit cup with egg mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes longer, until eggs are completely set and biscuit cups are slightly browned.

3 comments:

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

mmmm....these were so good with bacon. can't wait to try them with sausage!

mallory said...

im so excited to try these this weekend! my boyfriend will love them i can already tell. excited to peruse the rest of your posts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails