Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chocolate Pudding

One thing that I've found that I keep buying in boxes instead of making from scratch is pudding. I'm a big fan of it, and I've always just found it easy to pour the box into a pot, add milk, and cook. Today, I took a giant leap and made a batch from scratch and it was delicious - and since it's summer, I attempted it in the microwave and it came out awesome!

Chocolate Pudding

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 Cup Sugar
  • 1/4 Cup Cocoa
  • 3Tbsp Cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 2 Cups Milk (I used 1%)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Directions:

Add dry ingredients to a 2Qt microwave safe container. Whisk in milk slowly, trying to avoid lumps. Microwave for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir. Return to microwave in one minute intervals, stirring after each minute, until pudding reaches desired thickness. I did mine for the initial three minutes and then 3 one-minute intervals for a total of 6 minutes.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We love chocolate pudding around here. A lot of the time I make it, I add a bit of cinnamon to it. Tastes fabulous. :) I never thought to make it in the microwave. I'll give that a go! Thanks for the kitchen-cooling tip!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Homemade pudding is one of my all time favorites!! I'm glad you tried it, super simple, eh? great idea about trying the microwave for summer pudding making, I'll have to try that next time, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails