Friday, June 4, 2010

Baked Veggie Chips

Hello there readers! I've been battling what I thought was horrible allergies for the past week, but after finally going to the doctor today found out that I'm actually battling a sinus infection and double ear infection. Needless to say - I've been living on a diet of chicken broth and ice cream the past few days and my family has been eating from the freezer. However, I wanted to share a fun new recipe with you even though I can't enjoy it myself right now!

I saw this recipe in a taste of home magazine and I thought the chips looked delicious. I have all the ingredients in my fridge just waiting to be made into lovely chips. I can't wait to try these!

Baked Veggie Chips

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 pound fresh beets (about 2 medium)
  • 1 medium potato
  • 1 medium sweet potato
  • 1 medium parsnip
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Dash pepper
Directions:

Peel vegetables and cut into 1/8-inch slices. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over vegetables and toss to coat.

Arrange in a single layer in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Those sound so good!
Feel better soon!

Natasha in Oz said...

You have some great recipes in this blog! This one looks particularly wonderful-thanks for sharing it!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails