Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Banana Blueberry Pancakes

I've been looking for some new pancake recipes lately, and I stumbled upon this one in an old Taste of Home magazine. This made just enough pancakes for my family of 4, so I think I'll try doubling the recipe next time so we have some leftovers. They were delicious and I'll definitely be making another batch to keep in my freezer. Sorry, no picture, they were all gone by the time I remembered!

Banana Blueberry Pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
  • 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, bananas and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with blueberries. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I absolutely love blueberries and bananas together. Not too long ago, I made blueberry banana muffins and they were a big hit with the whole family. I've found that I can successfully omit eggs when I use bananas, too, which helps when I run out of things. We always seem to have bananas around, especially ones too ripe for eating.

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

You always have the yummiest recipes!
I have given you an award on my blog:
http://bit.ly/cFaCuQ

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails