Sunday, April 4, 2010

Freezer Cooking Days - April

A few months back, I attempted a freezer cooking day and was pretty successful. March was a busy month for me so I didn't get around to doing it again, but this month I decided to try it again. With two kids running around and my husband outside doing yardwork, it has been quite difficult to get any done, so I decided to split my cooking into two days this month.

My plan is as follows:

Breakfasts:
Breakfast Cookies (x2)
Raisin English Muffins (x2)
Honey Wheat Bread (2 loaves)
Pumpkin French Toast Sticks (x2)
Gingerbread Pancakes (x2)

Dinners:
White Bean Chicken Chili (x2)
Brown Bag Burritos (x2)
Baked Ziti (x3)
Chicken Tetrazzini (x2)
Gnocci (x2)
Mexican Skillet (x2)
Pizza Dough (x4)
Paprika Chicken Stew (x2)
Chicken Enchiladas (x2)

I went grocery shopping on Friday night and planned on cooking all day on Saturday, but ended up not getting started until 1:00. I still got quite a bit done. I was able to get the breakfast cookies, english muffins, and honey wheat bread completed. I was also able to get the beans and meat prepped for my other recipes. I'm hoping to get a couple things done today before we have to leave for Easter dinner at my Grandmother's house.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails