Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sweet & Sour Kielbasa

Being a Polish girl, I can't help but love kielbasa. Ever since I was a little girl, my mom has been making sweet and sour kielbasa. A few years ago I finally asked her for the recipe and I've been making it ever since. Hopefully someday I'll be able to pass it down to my daughter as well. I like to make this and serve it over rice, but it's also good as an appetizer at a party or great to bring to a potluck dinner! (Sorry no pictures right now, this doesn't photograph very well!)

Sweet and Sour Kielbasa

Ingredients:
  • 2-3lbs kielbasa, cut into 1/2" slices (I like to use turkey kielbasa but beef works just as well)
  • 1 32oz Jar Grape Jelly
  • 1 18oz Jar Apple Jelly
  • 1 18oz Jar Orange Marmalade
  • 1 32oz Jar Spicy Brown Mustard (I like to use Gulden's, but any one will do)
Directions:

Add jellies and mustard to 5Qt slow cooker and stir. Add sliced kielbasa and stir into the jelly mixture. Cook over low heat for 2-4 hours or until jellies are melted and kielbasa is cooked to your liking.

2 comments:

Out of the Box into the Kitchen said...

its a keeper!

Unknown said...

going to give this a try! thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails