Sunday, April 4, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Stuffed French Toast

I saw the idea for this french toast on a Food Network show a few weeks ago and I've been craving it ever since. As a kid my mom used to make me peanut butter and banana sandwiches all the time This french toast was not only delicious, but brought me back to my mother's kitchen with every bite.

Peanut Butter Banana Stuffed French Toast

Ingredients:
  • 6 Slices honey wheat bread (cut thick)
  • 2 Ripened Bananas
  • Honey (to drizzle)
  • Peanut Butter (I used creamy)
  • 4 eggs (I used 1 cup of egg beaters)
  • 1/2 Cup milk
  • 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp Rum
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Directions:

Preheat griddle on medium heat.

Spread each slice of bread with peanut butter to your liking. Top three slices of bread with sliced bananas and drizzle the honey over the bananas. Top each slice with a banana-free slice of bread.

Whisk remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Dip both sides of each sandwich into the batter and place on griddle (feel free to grease the griddle with a little bit of butter or non-stick cooking spray). Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Cut in half and serve warm with butter and maple syrup (add powdered sugar if desired).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails