Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Being a mom of two and having a full time job, I don't get much of a chance to see my friends. Friday night, I had the opportunity to have the girls over for the night and I needed the perfect dessert to serve. It was a potluck and I figured that since most everyone was bringing appetizers and entrees, that I'd do dessert. We all LOVE cheesecake and when I came across this recipe in a Taste of Home book, I couldn't help but give it a try!

Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 Cups Crushed Oreo Cookies
  • 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
  • 4, 8oz pkg Cream Cheese (I used 2 regular and 2 reduced fat)
  • 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
  • 1 Cup Sour Cream
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
  • 9oz Semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 Cup Seedless Raspberry Preserves
Directions:

Place a greased 9-inch springform pan on two sheets of aluminum foil, securely wrap foil around pan. Combine crushed cookies and butter. Press into bottom of springform pan.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs, beat on low speed until just combined. Set aside 1 cup of batter. Pour remaining batter over crust.

In a microwave, melt chocolate. Stir in preserves until blended. Stir chocolate mixture into reserved batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the plain batter (do not swirl). Place springform pan in a large baking pan. All 1 inch of hot water to larger pan (cooking this way will keep your cheesecake from cracking).

Bake at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes. Center will be set and top will appear dull rather than shiny. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer and then place in refrigerator overnight.

5 comments:

heather said...

it is quite delicious!

Mama Bird said...

Sounds wonderful! Would love for you to share one your yummy recipes in my Whatcha Cooking Wednesday Recipe link-up!!
http://www.mamabirdnest.com/2010/04/whatcha-got-cooking-wednesday-greek.html

Cindy said...

Okay YUMMY! I want to make this :)! Thanks for sharing!!

Cascia said...

That looks delicious. Two of my favorite flavors, chocolate and raspberry!

Angie said...

Getting hungry just looking at this! I will have to bookmark this for a later date!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails