Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin Granola

As a kid, I remember always begging my mom to buy me Kellogg's Low Fat Granola cereal. Every once in a while she would buy it, but most of the time we stuck with cheerios or chex. About six months ago, I found out how easy it was to make my own granola and I've been doing it ever since. This is my basic granola recipe and it has become a staple in our house. I sometimes like to eat it in a bowl with milk, but I also like to use it to top off yogurt or even ice cream!

Cinnamon Raisin Granola

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup Butter
  • 1/2 cup Honey
  • 4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 cup Raisins
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a microwave safe dish, melt butter and honey together. In the meantime, combine oats, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Once butter/honey mixture is melted, pour into the large bowl and mix well making sure that all oats are coated with the mixture (do not add raisins until after baking or they will get really hard).


Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, flip granola about 1/2 way through to ensure browning on all sides.

Once removed from oven, mix in the raisins and let the mixture cool. Store in an airtight container or separate into single serve bags (1/2 cup servings) if preferred.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails