The problem you can sometimes run into with smoothies is that if you are using fresh fruit, it tends to go bad quickly and sometimes way before you have a chance to use it all. I came up with a great way to still get my healthy, delicious smoothies and I'd love to share it with you.
This can be adapted for use with any fruit. I have a few specific ones that I make so I'll list them for you here. I make mine in bulk, so I've listed them this way. You can of course cut the recipes down to make just a few servings if you wish.
- 6lbs Fresh or Frozen Fruit
- 1 32oz Container of Fat Free Yogurt (your choice of flavor - I use plain or vanilla mostly)
- 1 Pint of Frozen Fruit Juice Concentrate (I use orange, but you could use any flavor)
- 8 - 1 Quart Ziploc Freezer Bags
- Mixed Berry (Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry)
- Tropical (Mango, Pineapple, Orange)
- Mixed Fruit (Honeydew, Cantaloupe, Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple)
Divide Fruit evenly among the 8 freezer bags. Add 1/2 Cup of Yogurt and 1/4 Cup frozen juice concentrate to each freezer bag. Remove air from bag, seal tightly, and freeze. When ready to serve, thaw bag in the fridge until just soft enough to come out of the bag and into the blender. Add 1 Cup of Water and blend until smooth. Each bag makes enough for 2-3 Large smoothies.